The value of a Myrtle Beach golf trip is the best around, but with the economy sputtering, everyone is looking to save. Fortunately, there are a variety of ways to cut costs without sacrificing the quality of a trip. After consultation with some of Myrtle Beach’s premier travel authorities, below are eight tips that could help produce savings on your next Grand Strand golf trip and about golf packages.
Why Myrtle Beach Golf Packages
1. Be Flexible With Travel Dates – If you are willing to take a midweek trip, there are significant savings to be had. Golf and accommodations are less expensive Monday through Thursday. If your schedule allows it, take advantage. Check out Myrtle Beach golf packages.
2. Play in the Afternoon: Morning tee times are preferable, but playing in the afternoon provides a break. If your group likes to have one big night on the town, schedule a p.m. tee time the following day. You can save money and you will have needed time to sleep in.
3. Get a Quick Quote: The Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday Quick Quote system allows people to get price quotes from up to 10 golf package providers. The more people you talk to, the better deal you are likely to get. Every one making or even considering a Myrtle Beach golf trip should get a Quick Quote.
4. If You Are Playing 36 … Play the second 18 as a replay. Some groups like to play two different courses on the same day, but if you find a course you like, play it twice. The replay rate will come at a fraction of the cost.
5. Play Courses Near Your Accommodations: When booking golf courses, pay attention to where they are in proximity to your accommodations. You can save on gas and the fewer temptations you pass (food, spirits, adult entertainment!), the more likely you are to make it back to your room to eat lunch. Which leads us to …
6. Eat-In: If breakfast isn’t included in your package, go to the store, get a gallon of milk, cereal and some lunch meat, and eat at your condo or hotel. Fast food breakfast isn’t worth paying for and if you manage to eat lunch in every other day as well, it wouldn’t be unrealistic to save $40 or more on a four-day trip.
7. Consider Shipping Golf Clubs: The baggage fees some airlines charge are inflated, particularly when shipping a golf bag. In some instances, it’s cheaper to ship clubs via FedEx or UPS and it provides greater peace of mind – airlines don’t have tracking numbers when your clubs land in Lincoln, Neb.
8. Play Better Golf: The better you play, the more likely you are to win side bets and you won’t lose as many balls. If it only it were that easy!
Call Myrtle Beach Golf Directors if you are interested in getting a golf package for your upcoming Myrtle Beach vacation.
Myrtle Beach Golf Directors
807 Sea Mountain Hwy B
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582